A. The director shall organize the department to best implement the following functions:
1. Receiving, analyzing and efficiently responding to reports of possible abuse or neglect as provided in section 8-455.
2. Appropriately investigating the reports whether or not they involve criminal conduct allegations as provided in section 8-456.
3. Coordinating services necessary for the child or the child’s family as provided in section 8-457.
4. Overseeing adoption pursuant to chapter 1 of this title and foster care pursuant to article 4 of this chapter.
5. Reviewing and reporting the actions of the department to ensure that the actions comply with statute and the rules and policies of the department and reporting significant violations as provided in section 8-458.
B. Subject to title 41, chapter 4, article 4, the director shall employ:
1. A chief of the office of child welfare investigations. The chief is the administrative head of the office of child welfare investigations and shall report directly to the director.
2. An inspector general. The inspector general is the administrative head of the inspections bureau and shall report directly to the director.
3. Administrators to serve as the administrative heads of the other bureaus of the department, who may report directly to the deputy director.