A proceeding under this chapter may be commenced by one of the following procedures:

1. By transfer of a case from another court as provided in section 8-302.

2. By the filing of a petition by the county attorney.

3. For an offense other than a felony, by the referral of a uniform Arizona traffic ticket and complaint form.