A. On a showing of good cause, the court may order that a self-employed parent who is required to make child support payments forward an amount equal to not more than six months of child support to the department to hold as security. The department shall release these monies to compensate an obligee for missed current child support payments.

B. This section does not apply unless the self-employed parent is in arrears for three months or more.

C. This section does not limit other remedies available to an obligee, the department or its agents.

D. If a self-employed parent who is required to forward monies to the department pursuant to this section demonstrates full and timely support payments for twenty-four consecutive months, the department shall release to that self-employed parent any monies that remain.